Waltons Wood, 2.28 acres of mature chestnut woodland with a few larch near to Halesowen, Worcestershire for £32,000 (freehold) [#M1243]
A level parcel of broadleaves and larch in a quiet location, with excellent access and within easy reach of Stourbridge and Kidderminster.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 139
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SO 957 783
- Centre of wood: SO 954 782
Nearest postcode: B62 0JY
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Waltons Wood lies within an Ancient Woodland that sits amongst the rolling hills of rural Worcestershire. Excellent local roads make this woodland easily accessible by car and is within 15 minutes of Bromsgrove and Halesowen.
This deciduous wood is principally made up of mature chestnut and oak. Along the west flank is a group of mature larch. Planted amongst these mature trees is a mixed selection of broadleaves about 20 years old. These are namely chestnut, oak, beech, rowan and birch. There is also naturally occurring holly.
The wood is level and well stocked with trees resulting in an unencumbered woodland floor free of most vegetation providing easy walking amongst the trees.
In the spring the floor is awash with bluebells carpeting the floor beneath the mature trees as well as the occasional fern and foxglove.
Waltons Wood has great potential for leisure activities, such as camping and for observing nature. It is the perfect project for the amateur woodsman looking to provide firewood for the family home. The small size of some of the trees makes this wood easy to work and selecting the best oaks and chestnut to remain will enhance the woodland further.
The wood benefits from a hard-surfaced track that runs from the public road to the woodland boundary and is suitable for a 2WD vehicle at all times of the year.
If It Were Mine
Waltons Wood has quite a high density of trees and would welcome a thinning if a new owner so desired. I would favour the trees with the best form and open the area around them to encourage them to reach the upper canopy.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Halesowen; take the B4551 heading south to Romsley.
- Turn right onto Farley Lane, approximately 300 metres after passing through Romsley.
- After a further 500 metres stay on Farley Lane through the left bend and in 200 metres the woodland entrance is signposted on the right.
- The woodland entrance is set back from the road. The locked steel gate has a Woods4Sale sign on it.
- Park safely without blocking access. I’m sorry but we do not give out keys for viewing.
- Climb over the gate (point A on the plan) and walk following the hard surfaced track for 250 metres to the junction (point B); Waltons Wood is to the left.
- The north boundary is indicated by green marks on boundary trees and wooden stakes, set back from the inside edge of the track.
- The east boundary is indicated by blue marks on boundary trees and wooden stakes.
- The south boundary is indicated by red marks on boundary trees and wooden stakes.
- The western boundary is indicated with white marks on boundary trees and wooden stakes.
The woodland comes with full sporting rights.
The mineral rights are reserved to the previous owner.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is granted over ABC.
- A shared maintenance clause covers these rights of way.
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.