Prospect Head, New Works, near Telford, Shropshire, 1.77 acres of mature broadleaves with superb access for £19,000 (freehold) [#M1175]
Stunning Ancient Woodland in a private and peaceful location with excellent access from the M54 motorway and a stone’s throw from the Wrekin in Shropshire.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 127
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SJ 662 092
- Centre of wood: SJ 658 091
Nearest postcode: TF6 5BS
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
A beautiful mature oak and chestnut woodland growing in a fertile, characterful location. This wood contains some lovely specimens of oak and chestnut, many of which are over a hundred years old. Set amongst them is an abundance of birch, hazel, rowan and holly trees, typical of a naturalised Ancient Woodland such as this.
Prospect Head has many interesting features that suggest a history of working the hillside in search of minerals. There are old tracks that lead into the hill presenting undulations and formations along the bank.
The wood is gently sloping but has a central level plateau that would make an excellent base for woodland activities, whether it be producing some timber, camping out, or simply observing Mother Nature at her most peaceful.
Access is excellent and suitable for a car at all times of the year. The hard surfaced track enters the wood along the top of the property where a layby is available to turn and park. From this position you can view the near landscape and spot the deer that are frequent in this area.
If It Were Mine
I would thin some of the restricted trees under the current Forestry Commission thinning licence and add some protection to the emerging saplings to encourage the next generation of trees.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
This video is of the larger woodland as a whole and is not representative of any specific part of the woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the PowerStation at Ironbridge A4169 heading north east on Buildwas Road.
- At the roundabout, take 1st exit on to A5223.
- After 0.2 miles at roundabout, take 1st exit After 0.4 miles turn left towards Dog in the Lane.
- After 0.3 miles turn right on to Dog in the Lane.
- After 0.7 miles turn right towards New Works Lane.
- After 0.5 miles turn left on to New Works Lane.
- After 0.5 miles there is a yellow barrier to a carpark on the left (point X on the plan), park here and continue on foot.
- Follow the track to the side of the carpark for 360 metres bearing right at the junction and to the silver barrier to the wider woodland (point A).
- Follow the stone track for 50 metres to a wooden gate on the left (point B).
- Follow the track for 320 metres to point C. You will arrive at wooden stakes and trees painted yellow, this is the start of the wood.
- Sorry, we do not give out keys for viewing.
- The northern boundary is marked with yellow paint on timber stakes and on trees.
- The southern boundary is marked with red paint on timber stakes and on trees.
- The western boundary is marked with blue paint on timber stakes and on trees set back from the edge of the track.
- The eastern boundary is the agricultural fence and hedge.
The woodland comes with full sporting rights.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the roadside bollards up to the woodland boundary (marked XABC on the plan).
- A right of way is reserved over points marked CD on the plan for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers these rights of way.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.