Hobb Wood, Twemlows, nr. Whitchurch, Shropshire, 2.12 acres of mature pine woodland with vehicular access for £21,000 (freehold) [#M1170]
Mature Scots pine plantation with mixed broadleaves around the fringes. With excellent access and only a few miles from the bustling market town of Whitchurch in Shropshire.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 126
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SJ 565 363
- Centre of wood: SJ 566 363
Nearest postcode: SY13 2HB
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
This 50 year old Scots pine plantation, located near to Prees Heath is 5 minutes’ drive from Whitchurch in north Shropshire. With excellent access from the A41, the wood occupies the grounds of a former army camp adjacent to the council road.
The pine growing here have good form and plenty of growth to come. Pine trees have excellent timber properties in terms of strength and durability and attract a handsome price at the mill. These evergreen trees create a warmth in the winter months and cool shade in the summer.
The forest floor is uncluttered, the breaks in the canopy allow light to penetrate, encouraging the seeding of plants and young trees. You will find birch seedlings, bilberry, heather, ferns and other woodland flora all very attractive to insects and birds alike.
The wood was very lightly thinned some years ago enabling the remaining trees to reach their potential. Around the fringes of the wood are some mature broadleaved trees, notably oak and sycamore with pole stage birch scattered in places.
On the western edge there is a small building that formed part of the old army camp. It is approximately 4 metres by 6 metres, brick and concrete construction.
Access to Hobb Wood is excellent through a locked gate with a concrete track leading along the flank of the wood. The soil is light, free draining that supports good tree growth and a heathland habitat.
If It Were Mine
I would identify the largest of trees and fell the ones that, if removed, would enhance the further development of the younger surrounding trees. I may consider renovating the building into something more useable.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Whitchurch leave town on the A41 heading south.
- 1½ miles out of Whitchurch you will come to a roundabout in the village of Prees Heath, continue straight over the roundabout following the A41 for about a mile to the village of Prees Higher Heath.
- The entrance to the wood is off the main road, through a steel gate on your left which has a Woods4Sale sign attached (point A on the plan).
- Park safely without blocking access. I’m sorry we do not give out keys for viewing.
- Climb the gate into the woodland and follow the track on foot.
- Hobb Wood is along the track, bearing to the right and straight on past the buildings.
- The east boundary is indicated by blue paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The northwest boundary is the edge of the forest road indicated by a green paint on wooden posts and boundary trees along the tree line just set back from the path.
- The south boundary is indicated by the tree line where it meets the verge along the road.
- The southwest boundary is indicated by the agricultural fence set back from the roadside verge.
The woodland comes with full sporting rights.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is granted from the roadside gate up to the woodland boundary (marked AB on the plan).
- A right of way is reserved for the benefit of woodland beyond over BC.
- A shared maintenance clause covers these rights of way.
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
Tree Preservation Order
The woodland subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO). This does not prevent normal woodland management operations, including felling. It simply means that the agreement of the local Tree Officer must be obtained prior to certain management activities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.