Mulling Wood, 1.6 acres of mixed woodland, with mature Douglas fir standards, located between Ross-on-Wye and Ledbury £24,000 (freehold) [#M1153]
A spectacular mixed woodland, with a combination of mature Douglas fir, oak, beech and other species, set in an idyllic peaceful location.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 149
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SO 639 289
- Centre of wood: SO 643 288
Nearest postcode: HR9 7RG
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Mulling Wood is set in a tranquil rural location in the heart of Herefordshire, with its stunning scenery and great access to major motorways. This woodland lies at the heart of a large forested area, a few miles from Ross-on-Wye.
The property has an easterly aspect, the fertile clay soils are excellent for tree growth. Approaching the woodland one arrives at an impressive stand of mature beech and oak with a scattered understorey of younger trees including hazel, sycamore, ash, birch and beech. Beyond the broadleaves is a mature stand of fine Douglas fir, noted as one of the best softwood timber tree species.
From the forest track the wood rises up the bank with a short stretch of track to a turning area. From here a soft track continues to the upper boundary where a lovely aspect of the wood is to be admired.
A notable feature of the woodland is the wildlife, in particular the variety of birds. These include woodlark, wood warbler, nightingale and birds of prey such as sparrowhawk and kestrel. Woodland mammals include fox and roe deer.
Mulling Wood has excellent potential as both an amenity woodland and for someone looking for a small-scale silvicultural investment.
If It Were Mine
A diverse bird population can be seen flitting through the trees, I would enhance this by installing some wildlife boxes in places. I also would look to renew a program of thinning works to enhance the established regeneration.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Exit the roundabout on to the A449.
- Follow the road for 3.2 miles.
- The access gate is just after a left hand bend on the right. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Park in the layby and continue on foot down the track through points X and A (marked on the plan below) for 400 metres then take a right and continue for a further 70 metres to point B.
- This is the start of the wood on the right.
- The northwest boundary is indicated by red paint on wooden stakes and boundary trees.
- The northeast boundary is the inside edge of the track and is indicated by green paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The southeast boundary is indicated by orange paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The southwest boundary is the inside edge of the track and is indicated by green paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked XABC on the plan).
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.