Badger Bank, Wolverley, nr. Kidderminster, Worcestershire. 4.93 acres of mixed broadleaf woodland £42,500 (freehold) [#M1150]
Beautiful mature broadleaf woodland in a fabulously remote location yet within a few minutes of Kidderminster town. Good access and parking.
OS Landranger Series sheet 138
Roadside gate (A): SO 812 803
Centre of wood: SO 804 801
Nearest postcode: DY11 5TD
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Badger Bank is a mature broadleaf woodland surrounded by farmland or other woodland. The age of the trees ranges from very young natural regeneration to trees older than 150 years. Species growing here include oak, ash, sycamore, sweet chestnut, hazel and birch. Some of the oak and one or two of the ash are good specimens and contain valuable hardwood timber.
A woodland with such ease of access and yet such a peaceful and quiet location is rare in the West Midlands. It is on the edge of a bowl that is surrounded by other woodland or grassland, and at the end of a country road.
The ground slopes down to the track, from medium steep to gentle. Access is along a quiet country lane, then a hard private estate road and finally a grass track that leads up to and along the south-eastern boundary.
The forest floor is rich in wild flowers and shrubs, with patches of bluebells in the spring. The soils are well drained sandy loams over sandstone, which supports a wide variety of wild flowers, including patches of bluebells in the spring.
If you are looking for a quiet little woodland to escape to then this is the one!
If It Were Mine
I would thin out 40% of the replanted ash and any trees in poor health, perhaps create a small clearing to plant some new trees. I would maintain the access and open an area to park or camp.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Kidderminster; leave town heading towards Bridgnorth on the A442.
- After about 1 mile turn right at the top of the hill onto the B4189 signed for Wolverley.
- After approx. ½ mile take the first left turn into Sladd Lane, signed for Kingsford Country Park.
- Continue down Sladd lane for approx. ½ mile and then turn left where it is signed for Horseley Hills and Bodenham Arboretum, then immediately left again down a narrow lane.
- Follow this lane for a further 75 metres until you come to a set of double steel gates (point A on the plan below). Please park here and walk the rest of the way. Sorry, we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Climb the gates and follow the hard estate road down through the trees, along the paddocks all the way through to D on the plan (1100 metres).
- At point D there is a metal gate with a Woods4Sale sign on it.
- From here a soft track skirts the wood to point E (205 metres), this is the start of the wood marked with red paint on the corner fence post.
- The short north east boundary with other woodland is indicated by wooden posts with red painted tops.
- The short southerly boundary with other woodland is indicated by wooden posts with orange painted tops or orange marks on boundary trees.
- All other boundaries are agricultural fences.
The property comes with full sporting rights.
These are included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way over the route ABCDE.
- A shared maintenance clause covers this right of way.
- There are no public rights of way within this wood.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- The full contact details (full name, address & phone number) and date of birth of the legal purchaser(s)
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.