Pail Wood, 4.37 acres of oak woodland near to the village of Lutterworth in Warwickshire for £65,000 (freehold) [#M1122]
A stunning mature broadleaved woodland with a healthy understory, surrounded by woodland and open agricultural fields served by a good hard stoned track, 8 miles from Nuneaton.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 140
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SP 472 856
- Centre of wood: SP 471 856
Nearest postcode: CV23 0SL
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Pail Wood is a mature broadleaved woodland with a high canopy dominated by oak, chestnut, ash, poplar, with birch and sycamore in smaller numbers. There are some impressive large oaks in this wood offering aesthetic delight and huge ecological benefits.
The woodland floor is largely uncluttered apart from where there are open areas, dense with vegetation and young trees. Here you will find an abundance of alder, thorn, holly and hazel intertwined with vines and climbers.
The rich biodiversity includes woodland mammals – deer and foxes whilst the birds include songbirds, owls and buzzards.
Positioned within a quiet rural setting there are lovely open views across fields to the south and west towards the rural village of Withybrook. The wood is flat with excellent access suitable for a car and benefits from a place to park and turn.
Pail Wood is a secluded wood and is ideally located with superb access to Nuneaton, Coventry and Rugby. It offers an ideal retreat for those seeking outdoor activity whether it be a stroll round the wood, conservation work, crafts or useful management, producing a sustainable source of firewood.
If It Were Mine
I would undertake a gradual phase of re-spacing in the more dense parts, encouraging the trees with good form to grow on. Some careful pruning would be a beneficial activity. I would control the sycamore and encourage some other tree species that do well in this area like beech and chestnut. A woodland shelter would be useful and provide somewhere to have a cuppa and enjoy the superb surroundings.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the M69 junction 1 take the exit on to the A5/Watling Street heading south east for 3 miles.
- Turn right onto B4455/Fosse Way for 1.5 miles heading south west.
- Turn left onto Coal Pit Lane for 0.7 miles heading south east.
- Take the right turning opposite Wood Farm Brewery (Brockhurst Lane) and the entrance to the wood is immediately on the right indicated by a Woods4Sale sign (point A on the plan).
- Please park in a suitable place where you are not blocking the access gate and climb the gate to get into the woodland. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Continue along the track, for 115 metres. This is the entrance to Pail Wood (point B).
- The northeast boundary is the hedge set back from the road.
- The east boundary is indicated by green paint on boundary trees and wooden posts with green painted tops.
- The south boundary is the hedge.
- The west boundary is indicated by blue paint on boundary trees and wooden posts with blue painted tops, set back from the outside edge of the track.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked AB on the plan).
- A right of way is reserved over the track BCD for the benefit of woodland beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way.
We believe there is a liability to maintain the fence on the south boundary.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.