Kirby Wood, Lutterworth, Warwickshire. 2.17 acres of mature broadleaved woodland for £32,500 (freehold) [#M1110]
A fine stand of manageable ash with mature oaks set within a larger woodland and served by a good hard-surfaced track, 8 miles from Nuneaton.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 140
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SP 472 856
- Centre of wood: SP 469 857
Nearest postcode: CV23 0SL
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Kirby Wood is a mature broadleaved woodland with a high canopy dominated by ash and oak with a developed understory of hazel and hawthorn. In smaller numbers there are beech, poplar, holly and sycamore that make up this very well populated woodland. The topography is flat with distinctive reems and butts (gentle ridges and furrows) which is an historic ploughing technique dating back to the days when land was ploughed.
The woodland floor has an open and uncluttered feel, easy to walk but still provides seclusion with a feel of hidden nooks and crannies. The small and emerging trees provide an anchor for the abundant honeysuckle that give an opulent scent in the spring and summer.
There are lovely open views across fields to the south and west towards the delightful village of Withybrook.
The wood is served by a recently upgraded hard stoned track leading up to and just inside the boundary. This woodland is easily accessed by a 2WD car.
Kirby Wood is a very private wood in a quiet rural location and is ideally located with superb access to Nuneaton, Coventry and Rugby. It offers an ideal retreat for those seeking outdoor activity whether it be a stroll round the wood, conservation work, crafts or useful woodland management, producing a sustainable source of firewood.
If It Were Mine
The trees in this wood are quite dense in number, I would take out 20% of the ash trees, favouring the best form ones and especially the oaks, this would release some of the younger trees and introduce diversity. Some of the residues would create a deadwood habitat and the best timber would produce excellent firewood once seasoned.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the M69 junction 1 take the exit on to the A5/Watling Street heading south east for 3 miles.
- Turn right onto B4455/Fosse Way for 1.5 miles heading south west
- Turn left onto Coal Pit Lane for 0.7 miles heading south east
- Take the right turning opposite Wood Farm Brewery (Brockhurst Lane) and the entrance to the wood is immediately on the right indicated by a Woods4Sale sign.
- Please park in a suitable place and climb the gate. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Continue along the track through points A to D on the plan for 355 metres. The wood starts here and continues on the left.
- The north boundary is indicated with white paint on wooden posts set back from the outside edge of the track.
- The east boundary is indicated by red paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The south boundary is indicated by a hedge.
- The west boundary is indicated by green paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked ABCD on the plan).
- A right of way is reserved over the track DEF for the benefit of woodland beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers these rights of way, with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.