Cloud Wood, 1.77 acres of mature broadleaved woodland near to the village of Lutterworth in Warwickshire for £25,000 (freehold) [#M1093]
A fine stand of manageable ash with mature oaks and beech set within a larger woodland and served by a good hard-surfaced track, 8 miles from Nuneaton.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 140
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SP 472 856
- Centre of wood: SP 470 857
Nearest postcode: CV23 0SL
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Cloud Wood is a mature broadleaved wood set within a larger woodland. It is well stocked with trees composed of ash, oak and beech occupying the upper canopy with hazel, holly and hawthorn in the lower canopy.
The wood is flat with distinctive habitats producing good quality trees and characterful flora rich with grasses, vines and herbs. Within the wood a series of shallow ditches serve to feed some local ponds and improve the overall health of the woodland.
Walking amongst the trees the wood feels compact and busy, there are soft tracks that provide easy access to most areas of the wood that can be utilised for removing timber or simply getting to that nice discreet spot.
Access to the wood is provided via a hard surfaced track that leads from the locked gate roadside to the edge of the wood and is suitable for a car at all times of the year. The wood is in a superb location allowing access from Nuneaton, Coventry and Rugby within half an hour.
Cloud Wood offers an ideal retreat for those seeking outdoor activity whether it be a stroll round the wood, conservation work, crafts or useful woodland management producing a sustainable source of firewood.
If It Were Mine
My intention would be to take out 20% of the ash trees, favouring the best form and release those in competition. Some of the residues would create a deadwood habitat and the best timber would produce excellent firewood once seasoned.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the M69 junction 1 take the exit on to the A5/Watling Street heading south east for 3 miles.
- Turn right onto B4455/Fosse Way for 1.5 miles heading south west.
- Turn left onto Coal Pit Lane for 0.7 miles heading south east.
- Take the right turning opposite Wood Farm Brewery (Brockhurst Lane) and the entrance to the wood is immediately on the right indicated by a Woods4Sale sign.
- Please park in a suitable place and climb the gate. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Continue along the track, for 240 metres to point B on the plan. Cloud Wood is ahead.
- The northeast boundary is indicated by a hedge set back from the road.
- The southeast boundary is indicated by blue paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The south boundary is indicated by white paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The west boundary is indicated by red paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked ABCD on the plan).
- A shared maintenance clause covers these rights of way, with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.