Glede Wood, nr. Telford, Shropshire. 5.31 acres of established hardwoods in a peaceful location for £58,000 (freehold) [#M1092]
A delightful parcel of well-established native hardwoods offering good accessibility with established camping facilities including a yurt, ideal for a large family or group.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 127
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SJ 699 164
- Centre of wood: SJ 700 167
Nearest postcode: TF10 9HT
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Glede Wood is located at the far end of a forest and looks out over green pasture and the attractive village of Lilleshall.
The wood is a compact area of mixed hardwoods sited on well-drained ground with a level aspect. Planted in the 90s the trees are established and growing strongly on level fertile ground.
The wood has a good range of species including oak, wych elm, horse chestnut and sycamore and the majority of more recent trees are ash, noted for their superb burning qualities. The fringes are dominated by mature trees, remnants of the older establishment.
Glede Wood is rectangular, with the east side having an open aspect and far-reaching views across farmland. The woodland floor is level and clean, thus providing excellent opportunities for quiet woodland recreation.
Three sides of the wood are marked with ditches, and within the wood are a few shallow ponds providing a great draw to local wildlife including ducks which are frequently seen in the area and even dragonflies. Walking quietly through the wood you will hear woodpeckers and at dusk, the resident owls. Flora include wood sorrel, sedge and even some patches of bluebells add to the seasonal woodland blooms here.
The current owner has established a significant camping area with pathways, a yurt, food prep area and a couple of compost toilets. This makes a perfect wood for frequent outdoor exploits of a large family and friends.
If It Were Mine
I would thin out some of the poorer trees and perhaps encourage the shrub layer with some hazel whips and maybe clean out the pond and make a feature of it.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Newport along the A518 heading towards Telford.
- After the roundabout next to the Redhouse Inn, follow the road for a mile and take the second turning.
- Follow the road straight down Kynnersley Drive past the houses on the right and left.
- The road will turn in to a track and after 200 metres there is a locked gate on the right (A on the plan)
- Parking in safe place and climbing gate, follow the track and take the first right into the wood.
- I'm sorry, we do not give out keys for viewing.
- The north boundary is indicated by a ditch.
- The south boundary is indicated by a ditch.
- The east boundary is indicated by a ditch.
- The west boundary is indicated by a plain wire fence with orange painted tops.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked AB and ACD on the plan).
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.