Deepdale Corner, near Sandy, Bedfordshire. 2.53 acres of mature broadleaved woodland, 13 miles from Bedford. £39,000 (freehold) [#F1786]
An outstanding example of mature oak woodland with high timber value, well managed with good vehicular access in a rural location.
SG19 2NH (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 153
- Roadside gate: TL 205 496
- Centre of wood: TL 207 497
An excellent example of well managed oak woodland situated near to Sandy, between Cambridge and Bedford, just off the A1.
Deepdale Corner sits slightly elevated at the north east corner of a larger woodland. Located on a quiet lane, access into the woodland is via a stone track, suitable for a 2WD vehicle. The track climbs a little to the point where you are greeted by a magnificent display of uniform, tall and broad oaks that boast of quality timber. The oaks dominate this wood but there are also significant numbers of Scots pine, birch around the fringes with thorn and elder dotted throughout. The wood has an open feel and looking through the trees you can see open farmland to the north and east.
A rich diversity of birdlife frequents this area, including starling, woodpecker and red kite. The Lodge Nature Reserve is just a few miles to the west and is a popular destination for activities such as wildlife spotting, and walking.
This stunning wood will surely appeal to anybody with an appreciation of the woodland environment.
If It Were Mine
Deepdale Corner is a delightful location for those seeking to enjoy some tranquillity in nature. Undoubtedly, there is an abundant supply of wood fuel for the logshed if one should require. A break in the canopy that allows light to the ground would be ideal for planting some young trees.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the A1 take the B1042 in to Sandy heading east to Potton.
- After approximately 4 miles there is a crossroads with a turning left for Deepdale.
- Follow the unclassified road for approximately 600 metres where it bears left then after a further 100 metres park on the verge and continue on foot (sorry we do not provide keys for viewings).
- There are 2 steel gates on the right, take the first gate (point A on the plan below) and follow the track round a right bend then at the left bend the wood is on your right indicated by a Woodland for Sale sign on a tree (point B).
- The north boundary is the edge of the woodland indicated by white paint on wooden posts.
- The west boundary is indicated by blue paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The south boundary is in part the outside edge of the track, indicated with green paint on wooden posts and boundary trees which may be offset by a short distance and green paint on wooden posts up to the eastern boundary.
- The east boundary is indicated with white paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route AB and CDE.
- A right of way is reserved over BC for the benefit of the wood beyond.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
Third Party Rights
An overage (clawback) agreement exists until 2051 whereby 30% of the increase in the value of the land attributable to securing certain types of planning permission is payable to a previous owner.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.