Lullaby Wood, near Sandy, Bedfordshire. 3.88 acres of mature conifer and broadleaf woodland, 13 miles from Bedford. £58,000 (freehold) [#S1777]
A magnificent larch, Scots pine and oak woodland in a serene rural location with recreational possibilities, 3 miles east from the A1.
SG19 2NH (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Entrance (point E): ///scouts.bookcases.pure
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 153
- Roadside gate: TL 205 496
- Centre of wood: TL 206 496
Situated 20 miles west of the city of Cambridge in rural Bedfordshire, Lullaby Wood is part of a wider woodland and is accessed via a stone track.
Formed amongst gently sloping sandy loams, the lofty canopy encompasses larch, Scots pine, majestic oak standards, sweet chestnut, ash, birch and sycamore. Many of the oak are of an excellent quality giving a new owner an opportunity to select a stem or two to be milled on-site, utilising the current Forestry Commission thinning licence. In the shrub layer below there is lush hazel coppice, rowan, hawthorn, and regenerating sycamore. Come spring and summer the ground layer brims with primrose, foxglove, lush bracken and blackberry - great for homemade jam.
Any number of clearings between the trees would be great for family camping. Hammocks could be hung between tree stems here, perfect for quietly observing the wildlife.
An array of woodland mammals wander through the trees including muntjac deer, wood mouse, hare, badger and fox. A variety of feathered visitors such as woodpecker, owl, red kite, greenfinch and many acoustic songbirds can be heard in this tranquil setting.
If It Were Mine
A rope swing from a strong tree limb would be fun for all ages. Family BBQs would be fantastic here, perhaps staying for a night or two in tents. Some firewood for my log burner would be on the list of jobs. A few bird boxes mounted on trees would be a great way to record visitors to the wood.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the A1 take the B1042 into Sandy heading east to Potton.
- After approximately 4 miles there is a crossroads with a turning left for Deepdale.
- Follow the unclassified road for approximately 600 metres where it bears left then after a further 100 metres park on the verge and continue on foot.
- There are 2 steel gates on the right, take the first gate (point E on the plan below).
- Please climb over the gate (sorry we do not provide keys for viewings), and Lullaby Wood is to the left of the track.
- The north boundary is the inside edge of the track, indicated by green paint on occasional trees and wooden posts that maybe offset by a short distance.
- The northwestern boundary is indicated by red paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The southwestern boundary is the top of an occasional low earth bank set back a short distance from the unclassified road beyond.
- The southeastern boundary is the inside edge of the track, indicated by blue paint on occasional trees and wooden posts that may be offset by a short distance.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route ABCDE.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
Third Party Rights
An overage (clawback) agreement exists until 2051 whereby 30% of the increase in the value of the land attributable to securing certain types of planning permission is payable to a previous owner.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.