Suppers Wood, near Sandy, Bedfordshire. 2.36 acres of mature broadleaved and conifer woodland, 13 miles from Bedford. £36,500 (freehold) [#S1773]
A superb larch, oak and sweet chestnut woodland in a peaceful rural location, 3 miles east from the A1.
SG19 2NH (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Entrance (point A): ///diets.falters.revise
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 153
- Roadside gate: TL 204 496
- Centre of wood: TL 205 496
Suppers Wood is part of a wider woodland area located 20 miles west of the city of Cambridge and is accessed along a stone track.
Formed on gently sloping sandy loamy soils, the mature canopy comprises of lofty larch and occasional Scots pine to the south with a range of mixed broadleaves towards the north. These include majestic oak, sweet chestnut, birch and sycamore. A number of the oaks here are of superb quality and could certainly yield some excellent logs or timber, making use of the current Forestry Commission thinning licence. Within the shrub layer below you will discover hazel, thorn, rowan and a good amount of regenerating sycamore. During warmer months, ground cover includes primrose, foxglove, lush bracken and blackberry; a new custodian could certainly fill a punnet or two.
There are numerous places that could be cleared for an occasional summer BBQ as well as honing bushcraft skills - there is plenty of material close to hand.
A variety of feathered guests such as woodpecker, owl, red kite, greenfinch and many harmonious songsters can be heard in this serene setting. Woodland mammals weave their way through the trees including muntjac, wood mouse, hare, badger and fox.
If It Were Mine
The chestnut and birch within the wood would make ideal firewood for the home hearth, and there are some great stems throughout where hammocks could be hung for overnight camping and absorbing the peaceful surroundings.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the A1 take the B1042 into Sandy heading east to Potton.
- After approximately 4 miles there is a crossroads with a turning left for Deepdale.
- Follow the unclassified road for approximately 600 metres where it bears left then after a further 100 metres park on the verge and continue on foot.
- There are 2 steel gates on the right, take the second gate (point A on the plan below).
- Please climb over the gate (sorry we do not provide keys for viewings), and you will arrive into Suppers Wood to the right of the track.
- The north boundary is the inside edge of the track, indicated by green paint on occasional trees and wooden posts that maybe offset by a short distance.
- The northwestern boundary is the outside edge of the track, indicated by white paint on occasional trees and wooden posts that maybe offset by a short distance.
- The southwestern boundary is the top of an occasional low earth bank set back a short distance from the unclassified road beyond, indicated by white paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The southeastern boundary is indicated by red paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- A right of way is reserved over AB for the benefit of the wood beyond.
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route BCDE.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
Third Party Rights
An overage (clawback) agreement exists until 2051 whereby 30% of the increase in the value of the land attributable to securing certain types of planning permission is payable to a previous owner.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.