Tillers Wood, 1.26 acres of mature beech woodland easily accessed from High Wycombe and Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire. £19,000 (freehold) [#F1730]
A lovely woodland with abundant charm, predominantly mature beech with a few conifer trees, accessed directly from a quiet country lane.
Tillers Wood is a superb mature beech wood set on the edge of a larger Ancient Woodland, confirming that there has been continuous tree cover since at least the year 1600.
The trees are well spaced and have a high canopy providing an uncluttered feel and giving excellent access to all parts. There is a vibrant developing understorey of self-seeded regenerating trees which add to the seclusion and privacy of this small wood. You will find sycamore, oak, birch, cherry, and a small group of Scots pine and cedar in one corner. A holly grove adds to the great habitat for wildlife in this wood including deer, owls, badgers and foxes.
Emerging from the forest floor are ferns, bracken, bramble and grasses, attracting insects and foraging birds. In the spring, bluebells are abundant beneath the beech trees.
Tillers wood offers excellent amenity opportunities whether it be camping, recreation, a small conservation project, or just getting close to nature.
The trees are growing well in this fertile loamy clay soil as is well proven by the current crop.
Tillers Wood is situated along a quiet country lane about a five minute drive from Princes Risborough and twenty minutes from High Wycombe. The main gate is shared by one other owner.
If It Were Mine
Tillers wood requires no immediate work, it is ready and waiting for you to enjoy. The only thing I would look to do is periodically clear some of the naturally regenerating beech trees to create some space to try and encourage some woodland flora to grow.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From High Wycombe; leave town on the A4128 heading north,
- 1½ miles out of High Wycombe town you will come to a roundabout (not the mini-roundabouts inside the town), continue straight over the roundabout following signs for Hampden and Speen.
- Drive through the village of Hughenden Valley, continuing on to Hampden and Speen.
- Drive straight through the village of North Dean.
- In the centre of Speen, turn right onto Hampden Road, signed for Great Hampden.
- After a ¾ of a mile you will descend the hill to a crossroads, turn left on to Bryants Bottom Road and follow it for about ¾ of a mile to a set of double wooden gates with a ‘Woodland for Sale’ sign and a footpath signpost (point A on the plan).
- Climb the stile to the right of the gate, and Tillers Wood is immediately on the right, with access through the barred gate (point B). Sorry but we do not give out keys for viewing.
- The northwest boundary is indicated by a plain wire fence.
- The northeast boundary is indicated by an old agricultural fence.
- The south boundary is indicated by a plain wire fence.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- A right of way is granted for Tillers Wood, at all times and for all purposes, from the roadside gate (point A) to the woodland entrance, a single barred gate (point B).
- A maintenance clause covers the shared right of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.