Ponteview Wood, near Sandy, Bedfordshire. 2.99 acres of mature broadleaved woodland only 13 miles from Bedford. £44,500 (freehold) [#F1718]
An exemplary mature oak woodland with high timber value, well managed with good vehicular access in a rural location.
SG19 2NH (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 153
- Roadside gate: TL 205 496
- Centre of wood: TL 206 497
Ponteview Wood is an outstanding oak woodland extending to just under three acres, conveniently located off the A1 near to Sandy, a short car journey from Bedford and Cambridge. The woodland benefits from vehicular access along a hard track which runs along the southern boundary and is suitable for a 2WD car.
This rich fertile woodland has an upper canopy that is dominated by impressive oak trees. They have been managed exceptionally well through the years to produce straight and tall stems which will one day produce some fine timber.
The understorey is almost free of any vegetation with the exception of the odd thorn, hazel and elder providing an open and airy feel to the wood. Through the bramble there is an assemblage of seasonal wildflowers including primrose and bluebell. Several bird types were noted including starling, woodlark and a red kite gliding high up above the canopy.
Ponteview Wood will surely appeal to everyone with an appreciation of magnificent oaks and the outdoor environment. Regardless, it is a superb setting from which to explore and enjoy.
If It Were Mine
I would identify some breaks in the canopy to plant some young trees. I would also create a dug out in the light soils to use as a camping spot for a night or two under the stars with the kids. There is a management plan in place to lightly thin some of the trees, but I would keep the wood relatively unchanged.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the A1 take the B1042 in to Sandy heading east to Potton.
- After approximately 4 miles at the crossroads, turn left for Deepdale.
- Follow the unclassified road for approximately 600 metres where it bears left then after a further 100 metres park on the verge and continue on foot (sorry we do not provide keys for viewings).
- There are 2 steel gates on the right, take the second gate (point A on the plan below) and up the short incline to the start of the wood where the track curves to the right (point B).
- The north boundary is the edge of the woodland indicated by white paint on wooden posts.
- The east boundary is indicated by blue paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The south boundary is the edge of the track indicated by green paint on wooden posts and boundary trees that may be set back by a short distance.
- The west boundary is the edge of the woodland indicated by white paint on wooden posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route AB and CDE.
- A right of way is reserved over BC for the benefit of the wood beyond.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
Third Party Rights
An overage (clawback) agreement exists until 2051 whereby 30% of the increase in the value of the land attributable to securing certain types of planning permission is payable to a previous owner.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.