Pershore Wood, Eakring, near Mansfield and Newark in the county of Nottinghamshire. 3.39 acres of mature broadleaved woodland for £31,000 (leasehold) [#M1345]
A mid aged beech woodland with a variety of other tree species. Positioned in a peaceful part of a larger Ancient Woodland, with 2WD vehicular access.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 120
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside access: SK 675 602
- Centre of wood: SK 686 596
Nearest postcode: NG22 8PA
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Situated between the villages of Kirklington and Eakring, Pershore Wood is set in the attractive rolling countryside of central Nottinghamshire. It benefits from good links to both the A617 and A614 for travelling to the market towns of Newark, Southwell and Mansfield as well as the city of Nottingham.
Pershore Wood is designated as an Ancient Woodland thus determined by virtue of it being under continuous tree cover since the 1600s. It is ecologically rich with a great diversity of plants attracting birds and insects.
Replanted over 50 years ago the beech trees here have been well managed to produce a very fine woodland. Amongst the beech you will find holly, yew, thorn, birch, elm and oak. The woodland floor is fairly clean with small areas of bluebell, primrose and bramble. There is a wonderful opportunity for collecting fruits, nuts, herbs and fungi should a new owner be interested in wild foraging. Signs of wildlife are abundant, there is the potential to erect a hide or two as well as scope for stalking if one desired.
Access to the wood is suitable for a 2WD car along a hard-surfaced track, which runs the length of the forest all the way to the far edge of the wood. A soft ride runs along the inside northern edge of the wood giving an easy route to reach the more discrete areas.
Historically the area formed part of the UK’s first on-shore oilfield and was in operation during the mid-1940s; the well heads were sealed many years ago.
This is a leasehold property with 929 years remaining. This wood is subject to a peppercorn rent of £0.18, payable every 5 years.
The entire forested area has 8 years remaining on a 10 year management plan outlining, without obligation, the potential future management of the woodland.
If It Were Mine
I would manage the ride to provide access to remove any of the trees that are being suppressed or poor health trees. I would create some dead wood habitats and maintain the drainage where required.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head east from Mansfield on the A617.
- Stay on the A617 (Kirklington Road) dual carriage way bypassing Rainworth.
- Go straight over the roundabout that meets the A614.
- After 4 miles turn left on to Eakring Lane
- Follow the road for approximately 1.5 miles until you arrive at a carpark at the entrance to the forest, with a Red Rock Forestry sign on the gate (point A on the plan below).
- Park here and continue on foot, (sorry, we do not provide keys for viewing).
- Continue walking for 1600 metres past another gate (point B), then bearing left at point C until you arrive at point D.
- This is the start of Pershore Wood.
- The north boundary is the hedge.
- The west boundary is the near side of an old ditch indicated with red paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The south boundary is indicated with green paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The east boundary is the hedge.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are reserved to a previous owner.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route ABCD.
- A right of way is reserved over the route DE for the benefit of the land beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way with liability according to use.
- There are no known fencing obligations.
- There is a liability to maintain boundary hedges and drains.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.