Bucklebury Wood, Woodcote, Oxfordshire, 4.12 acres of outstanding beech woodland, 9 miles from Reading £46,000 (freehold) [#S1139]
A manageable Ancient Woodland stocked with tall beech set in rural Oxfordshire, 18 miles south of Oxford.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 175
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SU 648 808
- Centre of wood: SU 651 808
Nearest postcode: RG8 0RT
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Part of a wider forest area, Bucklebury Wood lies on the southern edge of Woodcote village in Oxfordshire, 10 miles from Henley-on-Thames.
Standing on rich loamy clay soils, the flat site is dominated by a grand high canopy of mature beech with a lush shrub layer of bushy holly beneath. The evergreen holly makes a picturesque contrast against the beech during the winter and can be enjoyed via a network of natural trails intertwining through the wood.
During spring and summer, the wood comes alive with a bright green canopy, with rays of sunlight illuminating clusters of bluebell on the forest floor. Signs of strong natural beech regeneration are also present, a common occurrence after initial establishment, as seedlings and saplings are shade tolerant. Pleasant rural views of equestrian land and farmland lie beyond the northeast boundary.
Fauna known to the area include roe and muntjac deer, green woodpecker, owl and an array of songbirds. Bucklebury Wood benefits from good access and is reached via a hard track navigable with a 2WD vehicle.
If It Were Mine
This woodland is perfect for recreation, building dens and camping with the family with a fire, perhaps enjoying a little bush craft. A keen woodsman could also yield some beech firewood.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the edge of Reading take the A4074 north towards Wallingford and Oxford.
- Approximately 1 mile past Cane End turn left onto the B4526.
- Follow this road for another mile and then turn right for Woodcote.
- The entrance for the wood can be seen on the right-hand side of the road after 550 metres indicated by a Woods4sale sign (point A on the plan below).
- Please park in a suitable place not obstructing the gate. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Climb the gate and continue along the track for 50 metres, keeping right at the junction (point B).
- After approximately 130 metres turn left (point C).
- Continue for approximately 200 metres and you will arrive at a pull-in on the left (point D). This is the entrance to Bucklebury Wood.
- The northwest boundary is marked with red paint on trees and wooden posts.
- The northeast boundary is the agricultural fence with fields beyond.
- The southeast boundary is marked with blue paint on trees and wooden posts.
- The southwest boundary is marked with green paint on trees and wooden posts and includes a short stretch along the outside edge of the track marked with short wooden posts and trees marked with green paint.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way granted for all times and all purposes over the route ABCD on the plan below.
- A right of way is reserved for the benefit of woodland beyond over the route DE.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way with liability according to use.
- There is a bridleway that runs inside the northeast boundary.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.