Blushing Wood, 4.09 acres of exceptional Chiltern beech woodland near the village of Woodcote in Oxfordshire for £47,000 (freehold) [#M1078]
Attractive stand of majestic beech with a healthy understory, set in an Ancient Woodland and served by a good hard track 25 minutes drive from Reading.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 175.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SU 648 808.
- Centre of wood: SU 653 807.
Nearest postcode: RG8 0RT.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Blushing Wood is a mature beech wood set within a large ancient woodland. The sale of this wood offers a great opportunity to buy a piece of beautiful Ancient Woodland for amenity use.
The wood contains a high number of trees, predominately beech, and also includes some magnificent oaks and chestnut trees. These mature trees tower over an understory that has dense areas of holly and tree saplings generating where the light hits the forest floor.
As you enter Blushing Wood from the forest track you will quickly find a series of natural pathways amongst the trees which allow you to appreciate this glorious woodland at close hand. There are also a number of open areas that would make excellent camping spots.
This woodland is a joy to visit throughout the seasons. In winter, the sparseness of the beech is contrasted by the greenness of the holly trees. In spring and summer the wood comes alive with bright green leaves filtering the sunlight above and a scattering of bluebells found underfoot. In autumn the beech comes into its own displaying a glorious range of golden hues.
The woodland sits on a flat site and the soil is fertile loam over clay. This is ideal for beech trees, as evidenced by the excellent quality of the trees within the site.
Blushing Wood has excellent access along a hard surfaced track suitable for a car at all times of the year.
If It Were Mine
This is the perfect choice for those looking to own a woodland for leisure purposes. This could include green wood crafts and camping out with the children. There is also plenty of scope for a new owner to actively manage the woodland to produce firewood for the wood burner or for the more creative, planking timber with the chance of having your own dining table made from timber grown in your own woodland!
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the edge of Reading take the A4074 north towards Wallingford and Oxford.
- Approximately 1 mile past Cane End turn left onto the B4526.
- Follow this road for another mile and then turn right for Woodcote.
- The entrance for this wood can be seen on the right hand side of the road after 600 yards, indicated by a Woods4sale sign (point A on the plan below).
- Please park in a suitable place and climb the gate. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Continue along the track for 50 metres keep right at the junction, (point B) then after 130 metres turn left (point C).
- Continue for 260 metres (point D). This is the entrance to Blushing Wood.
- The south west boundary is indicated by green paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The north west boundary is indicated by blue paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The north east boundary is the agricultural fence.
- The south east boundary is the plain wire fence.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a public bridal way that runs just inside the north east boundary.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked ABCD on the plan).
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way, with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.