Foxhound Copse, Cranbrook, Kent. 4.34 acres of woodland for £39,500 (freehold) [#E1016]
A very quiet and secluded mainly sweet chestnut coppice and mixed broadleaved wood. A flat site with excellent access on a hard track, full of bluebells in spring.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 188.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: TQ 794 394.
- Centre of wood: TQ 797 397.
Nearest postcode: TN17 2AS.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Foxhound Copse is comprised primarily of mid rotation sweet chestnut coppice. There are many other broadleaved trees scattered through this Ancient Woodland including ash, beech, birch and hornbeam.
The woodland would be an ideal source of sustainable firewood for a household with a woodburning stove. A gentle thinning of the coppice stems would allow the remaining trees to grow on into a high canopy woodland.
Topographically the site slopes very gently down to the north and is largely well drained silty loam. These fertile soils enable good growth rates, demonstrated by the trees found here. The region is known habitat for the tree sparrow, chaffinch, nuthatch, jay and woodland mammals such as deer, foxes and badgers.
The wood is well served by a hard forest road up to, and then along the northern boundary.
Foxhound Copse is surrounded by other Ancient Woodland on all sides, and despite the ease of access from the A229, it is a very quiet and secluded retreat.
If It Were Mine
I would carry out some light thinning and general maintenance to start, relishing the tranquil atmosphere and natural surroundings. A well-positioned bench to perhaps enjoy a family picnic is a must!!
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Cranbrook take the A229 (Angley Road) northwards, at the roundabout take the second exit signposted Maidstone (A229) and pass a Shell Garage on your right.
- Continue for 1 ½ miles passing a Texaco Garage on the left.
- You will pass a large red brick detached house on the right as the road bends to the left.
- Immediately after the sharp bend you will see a layby on the right. Please park here being careful not to obstruct the gate.
- Please climb the gate (point A on the plan), sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Continue walking up the hard forest road into the woodland for another 80 metres
- You will come to a wooden post with a blue painted top on your left. This is point B and the start of Foxhound Copse which is now on your right-hand side.
- The northwest boundary is the edge of the hard-surfaced forest track indicated by wooden posts with blue painted tops.
- The eastern boundary is the eastern side of the track, indicated by wooden posts with red painted tops.
- The southern boundary is the edge of the forest track indicated by wooden posts with red painted tops.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale.
These are included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way over the route AB from the layby up to the woodland boundary.
- A right of access is reserved over the route BC for the benefit of woodland beyond.
- All shared rights of way are covered by a maintenance clause, with liability according to use.
- A public footpath runs outside the woodland around the southern boundary and partly within the southern corner.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.