Cairnhigh Wood, New Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire. 15.71 acres of mature mixed conifers for £28,000 (freehold) [#A1057]
Spruce, pine and larch on level ground close to the village of New Pitsligo.
OS Landranger map: Sheet 30.
National Grid Ref:
- Access point (A): NJ 891 554.
- Centre of wood: NJ 896 549.
Nearest postcode: AB43 6NQ.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Cairnhigh Wood forms the eastern part of a larger woodland a short distance to the southeast of New Pitsligo in rural Aberdeenshire. Fraserburgh is about 20 minutes to the northeast and Aberdeen is an hour’s drive to the south.
The wood occupies level ground and is stocked with three main conifer species, all estimated to be about 40 years old. The larger part is Sitka spruce mixed with elements of lodgepole pine. The eastern fringe is a stand of larch.
The woodland floor is a mix of wood sorrel, fern and moss, with patches of grass beneath the larch. There is a strip of open ground on the south side of the property, bisected by a small watercourse. The wood benefits from wide open views across adjacent fields.
There is a full vehicular right of access to the property but this has not been used for some time and is in need of upgrade.
Cairnhigh combines a generous acreage and significant volumes of timber with a competitive ticket price.
If It Were Mine
The first job would be to re-instate the access, thereby facilitating future management and extraction of woodland produce. In the longer term I would be tempted to push the woodland toward a mixed broadleaf composition.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Shortly after leaving New Pitsligo (heading southeast on the A950), turn first left (east) onto the B9093 signed for Strichen.
- The entrance to the wood is via double gates next to a Woods4Sale sign (A on the plan) about 240 metres along this road on the right.
- PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE INTO THE FIELD. PARK CLEAR OF THE GATES WHERE SAFE TO DO SO.
- Walk down the edge of the field from A for about 200 metres to the gate at B.
- The access track B to C is currently overgrown. It is easier to reach the northwest corner of the wood via the fields. Point C (indicated by a red-topped fence post) is found shortly after the second patch of gorse and just before a remnant stone wall (all as shown on the plan). Please be aware of cattle or other livestock and do not take dogs.
- The north, east and south boundaries (CDEF) are field edge stock fences.
- The northwest corner (C) is indicated by a red-topped fence post.
- The west boundary cuts through woodland. It is not marked on the ground.
The sporting rights are included. They are not let.
Rights Of Way
- There is right of access to the property for all purposes over the route ABC.
- Maintenance of all shared tracks is according to use.
Field edge fencing is believed to be shared equally with neighbours.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.