Buying This Woodland (England & Wales)
Buying a woodland from Woods4Sale should be a straightforward process. We suggest you look at a few before you commit to making a purchase.
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
Once you have viewed a woodland and decided you wish to buy it, please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before sending an email confirming your intention to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
At this point, the woodland will be taken off the market and marked as sold on our website. We will not accept any other offers.
We have a list of solicitors who are experienced in woodland conveyancing. Please visit the Recommended Solicitors page of this website. A solicitor should charge between £600 and £900 (excluding VAT) for this work, and we recommend that you agree a fixed fee in advance. Other costs include recording the land registry title (£20 - £40 for woodlands up to £80,000). Search fees can vary from £50 to £150. Stamp duty only applies to woodland purchases in excess of £150,000. We suggest you ask your solicitor to include these items in any estimate.
The Conveyancing Process
The conveyancing process should take no more than four weeks. We ask all buyers to maintain regular contact with their solicitors to keep the process moving and ensure a reasonably fast turnaround of documents. As part of the process you will be obliged to verify your identity and source of funding, and we may use a regulated third party to carry out online identity checks based on the information you provide us.
Conveyancing in England and Wales can be broken down into the following stages:
- You write to us confirming you want to purchase a particular woodland.
- The seller’s solicitor writes to your solicitor with a draft contract and a plan (map) of the woodland.
- Your solicitor sends off for local searches.
- Your solicitor sends pre-contract enquiries to the seller’s solicitor.
- They reply to your solicitor's enquiries.
- When all parties are happy with the contract, it is signed.
- Your solicitor sends a transfer document to the seller’s solicitor for signing.
- The seller signs the transfer and returns it.
- Contracts are exchanged and you pay the 10% deposit.
- Completion and payment of the full amount.
Once your purchase has completed, we will pay for your first year’s membership with the Small Woods Association, a charity promoting sustainable woodland management.
If you have any concerns at all during the sales process, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will help you in any way we can.
If you would like to receive news of new woodlands for sale in the UK as soon as they come on the market enter your email address here. This service is FREE.
Tweets by @woods4sale