Derwen Fawr near Sketty, Swansea. 3.79 acres of mature oak, beech and mixed broadleaf. £23,000 (freehold) [#E950]
A well located and attractive mature broadleaf woodland on the outskirts of Swansea. Benefiting from great views and convenient roadside frontage.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 165.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
Centre of wood: SS 615 910.
Nearest postcode: SA2 8EP.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Derwen Fawr Wood is an attractive southwest facing woodland with an apt name, (the English translation is Large Oak Wood) with a number of impressive oaks growing throughout. Situated in a peaceful vale on the southern outskirts of Swansea City, with fantastic views of the Clyne Valley Country Park to the west. It is only a few hundred metres from Swansea Bay, home to many stunning beaches. The Gower Peninsula is 40 minutes’ drive and Rotherslade Bay, popular with surfers, is just 15 minutes by car.
A quiet residential lane runs along the southern edge where notable mature oak, beech and sycamore stand over holly and hazel. To the west the property opens out to a characteristic wet-woodland habitat of predominantly willow and birch. This makes a fantastic habitat for birds and other wildlife - we saw a heron on our visit and kingfishers are known to frequent the area. Several informal paths traverse the wood, allowing easy access on foot. With the correct permissions these could potentially be improved and upgraded. A superbly located woodland such as this offers a diverse range of possibilities and opportunities.
If It Were Mine
Apart from its great location, this woodland would appeal to those interested in conservation or sourcing sustainable woodfuel. Some light clearing of any encroaching laurel would be a good starting point.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Swansea Marina; follow the A4067 south for approximately 2⅓ miles.
- Pass Swansea University and the Swansea Harriers Athletics Club on your right and Ashleigh Road FootGolf on your left.
- After a few hundred metres, you will see a Shell petrol station on your right.
- Take the next right hand turn, Derwen Fawr Road and continue for approximately 180 metres.
- Where Derwen Fawr Road bears right, take the left turn into Clyne Valley Lane (point A on the plan).
- Follow the lane for approximately 400 metres and you will see a Woods4Sale sign on the right (point B).
- Please park in an appropriate place being careful not to obstruct the lane.
- The north, northeast and southeast boundary is where the woodland meets the residential gardens.
- The southwest and west boundary is the bank and the stone wall between the wood and the road.
- The northwest boundary is marked by wooden posts and trees with orange paint.
Are included and not let.
Are not included.
Rights Of Way
There are no public rights of way within the woodland.
There are no fencing liabilities.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.