Barrow Wood, Knighton, Powys, 1.98 acres of mature oak woodland for £17,500 (freehold) [#M815]
Beautiful mature deciduous woodland set in a stunning, elevated position near to the bustling market town of Knighton, on the Powys Shropshire border.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 137.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SO 264 718.
- Centre of wood: SO 263 716.
Nearest postcode: LD7 1PG.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Barrow Wood is a mature woodland that sits in an elevated position above the wider wooded area. It consists mainly of prime Welsh oak with small numbers of ash, rowan, birch and sycamore scattered throughout. The trees are well spaced and it is evident that the woodland has been thinned in the past and now enjoys a developing understorey of hazel and naturally germinated young trees. It is also abundant with honeysuckle vines spiralling up the lower canopy of trees.
This beautiful wood sits on a north facing slope and has a narrow ride leading in to the wood from the west side. Walking along this ride the wood has an undisturbed feel complimented by a rich carpet of flora including grasses, ferns, anemones, bluebells, and primroses.
Access to Barrow Wood from the council road is along a hard surfaced, winding forest track that climbs the hill. At the end of the track is parking and turning, there is also an old soft track into the wood that is a little over grown but provides access and a lovely spot to view the wood. This track is suitable for a car giving access to a commanding position at the top of the wood.
Barrow Wood is a delightful plot that is perfect for the enjoyment of the whole family, inspiring both children and adults alike to get involved in nature and take a break from everyday life. The wood can also be managed to provide fuel for the fire and is the perfect setting for the recreational woodsman.
If It Were Mine
This wood needs very little work and should be enjoyed for what it is, but consider removing a few of the poorer trees and encourage some of the regenerating oaks with stakes and protection. I would clear the vegetation on the soft track and make it accessible either by vehicle or foot. I would also find a sturdy tree and attach a rope swing.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Knighton; leave the town on the A4113 heading towards Llandrindod Wells.
- After 0.6 miles keep straight on to A488 and about 200 yards after turn right.
- Follow the lane for 0.4 miles and turn left between two houses down Cwm Gilla lane.
- After 0.3 mile the road will bear to the right, at which point you will see a metal gate with our Woods4Sale sign next to it (point A on the plan). Please park here without blocking access and continue on foot. I’m sorry but we do not give out keys for viewing.
- Climb over the gate and walk along the track for about 300 metres to point B.
- Follow the track which then turns left, through a gate (with our sign on it) and climbs a further 280 metres to point C.
- Stay on the track for a further 100 metres to point D.
- The woodland starts here and continues along the track to your right.
- The north boundary is indicated by green paint on boundary trees and wooden posts. It is just above the lower track.
- The east boundary is indicated by white paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The south boundary is indicated by yellow paint on boundary trees and wooden posts. It is just above the upper track.
- The west boundary is indicated by blue paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
The woodland comes with full sporting rights.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the roadside gate up to the woodland boundary (marked ABCD on the plan).
- A right of access is reserved to others over the track DE.
- A right to park is reserved at the parking point E.
- A shared maintenance clause covers these rights of way.
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.