Shellbank Glade, Northchapel, West Sussex. 2.9 acres of conifer and broadleaf woodland. £35,000 (freehold) [#E984]
An attractive mixed conifer and broadleaf woodland with good vehicular access and lovely views of the surrounding countryside.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 186.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SU 951 299.
- Centre of wood: SU 948 302.
Nearest postcode: GU28 9EH.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Shellbank Glade is a diverse wood in terms of its species and age class. There is a large stand of mature conifer namely Sitka spruce, western hemlock and Norway spruce, with the remainder broadleaf of varying ages. Some pockets of mature ash and beech can be found to the south, whilst young birch, willow and chestnut coppice can be found to the north interspersed with mature broadleaf species.
A good sandstone surfaced track brings you to the woodland’s edge, culminating in a turning area surrounded by a useful area of level, open ground perfect for recreational woodland activities.
The wood stands on a northwest bank featuring pleasant views of the surrounding countryside, which falls within the South Downs National Park. Being close to the Surrey border, both Haslemere and Petworth are around fifteen minutes by car.
There is a significant variety of wildlife to be spotted. Being part of a larger Ancient Woodland there is a host of bird species, such as woodpeckers, blue tits, owls and buzzards as well as woodland mammals including roe deer, badger and fox.
If It Were Mine
The diverse mixture of tree species and ages offers several management options. I would encourage the younger trees to establish successfully through gentle respacing and pruning. In the longer-term I would consider management of the mature conifer.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- The woodland is situated next to the village of Northchapel in West Sussex. Head north along the A283 from Northchapel village and after approximately 100 metres there is a turning to some fields on the left with a Woods4Sale sign (point A on the plan below).
- Please park in a suitable place and climb the gate. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Once over the first gate you will find a second gate on your right. Please climb this one also and then continue up the track with grassland on either side of you until you enter the woodland.
- Continue along the track for 350 metres passing a turning to your left (point B) continue ahead at the junction (point C) and pass another turning on your right (point D).
- Continue straight ahead for 50 metres until you see a sign with ‘Shellbank Glade’.
- The woodland is ahead and to the left (point E).
- The north and northeast boundary is marked by wooden posts with blue paint.
- The southeast boundary is marked by wooden posts with pink paint.
- The southwest boundary is marked by wooden posts with white paint.
- The northwest boundary is the edge of the track marked by wooden posts with yellow paint.
The sporting rights are included and not let.
The mineral rights are included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes for from the roadside gate up to the woodland boundary (marked ABCDE and CGHI on the plan).
- A right of way is reserved along EF and IJ for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- All shared rights of way are covered by a maintenance clause, with liability according to use.
- There are no public rights of way within the woodland.
There are no fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.