Seddon Copse, Ulgham, Northumberland. 4.74 acres of maturing mixed hardwoods and pine for £34,000 (freehold) [#A952]
Plantation hardwoods entering production phase on level ground and with good access.
OS Landranger map: Sheet 81.
National Grid Ref:
- Access point A: NZ 230 924.
- Centre of wood: NZ 231 926.
Nearest postcode: NE61 3AW.
Seddon Copse forms part of a larger woodland on the outskirts of the quiet and attractive village of Ulgham (pronounced ‘Uffam’) some 6 miles north of Morpeth. Newcastle is thirty minutes’ drive to the south, Northumberland National Park is a similar distance west and the coast is just 10 minutes to the east.
The wood lies on level ground with open aspects to north and south. The view north is over wide arable fields, whilst to the south there is a more intimate landscape of grazing meadows leading down to the River Lyne.
The wood was planted about 18 years ago. It is dominated by a strong-growing stand of ash and mixed hardwoods within which are a couple of smaller coupes of Scots pine. The woodland edge is diversified with a number of other species including rowan, oak and cherry and a few shrubs.
A new car-accessible track leads to an area of hard-standing in the southwest corner of the wood. The level ground and access track not only facilitates easy management but also lends itself to amenity.
If It Were Mine
Seddon is on the verge of production so I’d obtain a licence from the Forestry Commission for a first thin which would produce a healthy supply of logs for the hearth. A small clearing on the sunny south side would be a great locus for quiet recreation.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the west side of Ulgham turn north onto the unclassified road opposite the Forge Public House.
- Continue 180 metres to the base of the hill and park clear of all gateways by the ford.
- Enter the field via the stile to the right of the field gate by the pubic footpath (on your right just after the ford at A on the plan) and walk up the hard track for 100 metres to its end (B).
- Seddon Copse is ahead and to your right.
- Please ensure you park clear of all gateways.
- Please note we do not give out keys for viewing.
- The west boundary (BC) is the westernmost of the two stock fences.
- The north boundary (CD) is the field edge stock fence.
- The east boundary (DE) is defined by a derelict stock fence.
- The south boundary (BE) is the field edge stock fence.
The sporting rights are included. They are not let.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of access for all purposes to the property over the track AB.
- A right of access is reserved over the short length of track at B, serving the adjacent woodland immediately to the west.
- There is a right of access for timber extraction purposes only over the route FCD.
- Maintenance of all shared tracks is according to use.
- A public footpath runs down the west boundary.
- The north boundary fence (currently in good condition) is the sole responsibility of the woodland owner.
- The south boundary fence is shared with the adjacent owner.
- There are no fencing obligations on the other two boundaries.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.