Threeways Wood, Llanferres, Denbighshire, 1.35 acres of high amenity beech woodland in a secluded rural location, for £15,000 (freehold) [#E912]
An attractive stand of mature beech trees on the fringe of a more extensive hardwood forest, nestling in a private valley in the Clwydian Range.
OS Landranger Series sheet: 116.
National Grid Ref:
- Access point: SJ 196 594.
- Centre of wood: SJ 193 596.
Nearest postcode: CH7 5TG.
Threeways Wood lies in a sheltered valley on the lower fringes of a larger broadleaved woodland, at the junction of farm and forest, The wood offers views over surrounding fields with framed glimpses of the higher Clwydian hills to the west. The area is deservedly designated as an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’.
The woodland is dominated by mature beech trees. Consequently it has a clean forest floor largely free of invasive ground vegetation, giving the wood an uncluttered feel so characteristic of beech woods. Other trees present include ash and silver birch and the margins also support native woody shrubs such as hawthorn and hazel.
The site is readily accessible by car as far as the fork inside the entrance gate. The internal southern track would benefit from some additional stone and the hill track is better-suited to 4x4.
Sitting amidst a pastoral landscape, Threeways Wood is quiet, secluded and accessible. The southerly aspect makes for a real suntrap. Woodland glades promise excellent camping sites and the wood itself offers an ongoing supply of firewood for camp and hearth. This wood is unequivocally an amenity property.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
From the west
- From Ruthin head east on A494 for about 4.5 miles.
- Ignore the right hand turn to the B5430 but after a further 600 metres fork next right on the minor county road to Four Crosses.
- Go straight over the Four Crosses crossroads and continue a further 0.8 miles.
- Just after the final house at the end of the tarmac, you will see the track into the wood on your left, marked by a public footpath marker post.
- You are advised to leave your car back at a lay-by on the tarmac road and walk down this track to the entry gate (C on plan).
From the east
- At the start of the A55 take the A 494 west (junction 33b).
- By-pass Mold and continue a further 3.5 miles to Llanferres.
- After 0.8 miles fork left to Four Crosses (signed for Llanarmon-yn-Ial).
- After ¼ mile turn left at the Four Crosses cross roads and continue as above.
- The northeast boundary is defined by a post and wire fence.
- The west and short north boundaries are marked by orange-topped posts.
- The south boundary is the field-edge stock fence.
- The short southeast boundary is defined by a stock fence and the galvanised access gate.
The woodland comes with the benefit of full sporting rights.
The mineral rights are included except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way to the property as indicated ABC on the plan.
- A right of way is reserved over CDE and CDFG to properties beyond.
- Maintenance of all accesses is shared according to use.
- A public footpath runs along the south and northeast boundaries.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sales price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.