Riven Copse, 2.33 acres of mature broadleaved woodland near to the village of Lutterworth in Warwickshire for £31,000 (freehold) [#M978]
A stunning mature oak and beech woodland with a healthy understory of hazel, set in open agricultural land and served by a good hard surfaced track, 8 miles from Nuneaton.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 140.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SP 472 856.
- Centre of wood: SP 467 860.
Nearest postcode: CV23 0SL.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Riven Copse is a splendid mature broadleaved woodland with a high canopy dominated by magnificent oak and beech trees. Set amongst arable land this small parcel of amenity woodland has great offerings. Access is along a hard surfaced track that leads to the boundary, from here an unsurfaced track runs the full length of the wood, emerging at 2 points on the council road, now overgrown with thorn. The unsurfaced track is lined with an avenue of mature trees and amongst them are birch, ash and sycamore. There is a lower canopy of hazel and thorn intertwined with the lovely sweet smelling honeysuckle. At one end, there is a shallow pond that attracts ducks, which are frequently seen paddling.
The wood is flat with a distinctive oak and hazel habitat and a fairly uncluttered floor. The wood is fertile and dry with significant drainage ditches flanking the boundaries. There are lovely open views across fields to the south and west towards the delightful village of Withybrook.
Riven Copse is a very private wood in a rural location and is ideally located with superb access to Nuneaton, Coventry and Rugby. It offers an ideal retreat for those seeking outdoor activity whether it be a stroll round the wood, conservation work, crafts or useful woodland management producing a sustainable source of firewood.
If It Were Mine
I would thin out some of the poorer trees and replant with a view to them one day replacing some of the mature trees. A woodland shelter would be useful and provide somewhere to have a cuppa and enjoy the superb surroundings.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the M69 junction 1 take the exit on to the A5/Watling Street heading south east for 3 miles.
- Turn right onto B4455/Fosse Way for 1.5 miles heading south west.
- Turn left onto Coal Pit Lane for 0.7 miles heading south east.
- Take the right turning opposite Wood Farm Brewery (Brockhurst Lane) and the entrance to the wood is immediately on the right indicated by a Red Rock Forestry management sign.
- Please park in a suitable place and climb the gate. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Continue along the track, for 700 metres along the points A through to F on the plan. This is the entrance to Riven Copse.
- The northeast boundary is indicated by a ditch.
- The east boundary is indicated by green paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The southwest boundary is the hedge and ditch along the field margin and in part indicated by blue paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The northwest boundary is the hedge along the council road.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by Statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked ABCDEF on the plan).
- A right of way is reserved over FG for the benefit of the wood beyond.
- A right to turn at point H is granted.
- A right to turn at point G is reserved.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way.
We believe there is a liability to maintain the fence on the south and west boundary.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.