Wiggans Copse, 2.28 acres of oak woodland near to the village of Lutterworth in Warwickshire for £28,000 (freehold) [#M971]
A stunning mature oak woodland with a healthy understory of hazel, surrounded by woodland and open agricultural fields served by a good hard surfaced track, 8 miles from Nuneaton.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 140.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SP 472 856.
- Centre of wood: SP 467 856.
Nearest postcode: CV23 0SL.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Wiggans Copse is a mature broadleaved woodland with a high canopy dominated by oak with beech, birch and sycamore in smaller numbers. The wood is flat with distinctive reems and butts (ridges and furrows) which is an historic ploughing technique dating back to the days when land was ploughed by horse.
The woodland floor has an open and uncluttered feel, easy to walk and hosts a well-developed understory of hazel, providing seclusion in hidden nooks and crannies. There is also thorn, holly and an abundance of opulent honeysuckle in summer that complement the hazel and oak habitat. There are lovely open views across fields to the south and west towards the delightful village of Withybrook.
The wood is served by a recently upgraded hard track leading up to and just inside the woodland boundary. This woodland is easily accessed by two wheel drive cars.
Wiggans Copse is a very private wood in a quiet rural location and is ideally located with superb access to Nuneaton, Coventry and Rugby. It offers an ideal retreat for those seeking outdoor activity whether it be a stroll round the wood, conservation work, crafts or useful woodland management, producing a sustainable source of fire wood.
If It Were Mine
I would control the sycamore and encourage some other tree species that do well in this area like beech and maple. A woodland shelter would be useful and provide somewhere to have a cuppa and enjoy the superb surroundings.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the M69 junction 1 take the exit on to the A5/Watling Street heading south east for 3 miles.
- Turn right onto B4455/Fosse Way for 1.5 miles heading south west.
- Turn left onto Coal Pit Lane for 0.7 miles heading south east.
- Take the right turning opposite Wood Farm Brewery (Brockhurst Lane) and the entrance to the wood is immediately on the right indicated by a Red Rock Forestry management sign.
- Please park in a suitable place and climb the gate. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Continue along the track, for 670 metres along the points A through to F on the plan. This is the entrance to Wiggans Copse.
- The north boundary is indicated by blue paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The east boundary is indicated by green paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The south boundary is the hedge and agricultural fence.
- The west boundary is the hedge and agricultural fence.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by Statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked ABCDEF on the plan).
- A right to turn at point F is reserved for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way.
We believe there is a liability to maintain the fence on the south and west boundary.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.