Erdwyner Cop, 3.1 acres of mature broadleaved woodland near to the village of Lutterworth in Warwickshire for £38,000 (freehold) [#M1047]
Outstanding mature oak, ash and beech wood with a healthy understory of hazel set within a larger woodland and served by a good hard-surfaced track, 8 miles from Nuneaton.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 140.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SP 472 856.
- Centre of wood: SP 468 858.
Nearest postcode: CV23 0SL.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Erdwyner Cop is a splendid mature broadleaved woodland with a number of shallow ponds. The high canopy is abundant with oak, ash and beech trees. The understory is well developed with notable hazel, birch, sycamore and hawthorn intertwined with lovely sweet smelling honeysuckle.
The wood forms part of a larger wooded area and is set in a quiet location with superb access to Nuneaton, Coventry and Rugby. A hard-surfaced track leads to the boundary and from here a soft track runs back through the wood, past the main pond where ducks are frequently seen paddling.
The wood is flat with a distinctive habitat producing good quality trees and characterful flora rich with grasses and herbs.
Erdwyner Cop offers an ideal retreat for those seeking outdoor activity whether it be a stroll round the wood, conservation work, crafts or useful woodland management producing a sustainable source of firewood.
If It Were Mine
I would thin out some of the poorer trees and replant with a view to them one day replacing some of the mature trees. A woodland shelter would be useful to dry firewood and provide a place to sit and appreciate the superb surroundings.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the M69 junction 1 take the exit on to the A5/Watling Street heading south east for 3 miles.
- Turn right onto B4455/Fosse Way for 1.5 miles heading south west
- Turn left onto Coal Pit Lane for 0.7 miles heading south east
- Take the right turning opposite Wood Farm Brewery (Brockhurst Lane) and the entrance to the wood is immediately on the right indicated by a Red Rock Forestry management sign.
- Please park in a suitable place and climb the gate. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- Continue along the track, for 500 metres along the points A through to E on the plan.
- This is the entrance to Erdwyner Cop.
- The north east boundary is indicated by a hedge set back from the road.
- The east boundary is indicated by green paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The south boundary is indicated by white paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The west boundary is indicated by green paint boundary trees and wooden posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked ABCDE and GH on the plan).
- A right of way is reserved over EFG for the benefit of the wood beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.