Novice Wood, Speen, 2.33 acres of mature Chiltern Beech woodland near High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, for £29,500 (freehold) [#M945]
A superb Chiltern beech woodland with great character with direct access off a quiet country lane. Situated close to the bustling market towns of High Wycombe and Princes Risborough.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 165.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SP 838 013.
- Centre of wood: SP 838 012.
Nearest postcode: HP27 0RS.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Novice Wood is a beautiful beech woodland set within a large ancient wooded landscape in the Chiltern Hills. It sits on a gentle north facing slope and is positioned with direct access off a quiet council road.
This wood is a splendid example of a managed Chiltern beech woodland, which also contains scattered birch, oak, hornbeam, cherry and the occasional group of larch. At the shrub level there are areas of profuse young beeches and holly groves. The woodland floor is otherwise free from obstruction apart from the rustle of leaves in winter and a burst of colour from bluebells and snowdrops in spring.
The woodland offers easy access to 2WD vehicles through locked gates onto a hard surface with an area suitable for turning and parking.
Novice Wood presents the perfect opportunity for those looking to own a beautiful woodland for leisure purposes - including camping - and getting closer to nature. There is also plenty of scope for the new owner to actively manage the woodland and produce good quantities of firewood for the family home.
If It Were Mine
Novice Wood has some impressive trees and excellent regeneration but a little help from a keen woodsman would allow emerging trees to reach their potential. This would also produce some firewood for your log burner or to supply the local firewood market.
I would also find a sturdy oak tree to hang a rope swing, perhaps dig a fire pit and create somewhere to camp out on the occasional summer night.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From High Wycombe; leave town on the A4128 heading north,
- 1½ miles out of High Wycombe town you will come to a roundabout (not the mini-roundabouts inside the town), continue straight over the roundabout following sings for Hampden and Speen.
- Drive through the village of Hughenden Valley, continuing on to Hampden and Speen.
- Drive straight through the village of North Dean.
- In the centre of Speen, turn right onto Hampden Road, signed for Great Hampden.
- Follow the Hampden road down to the crossroads and take a left on to Bryants Bottom road.
- After about 540 metres there is a set of wooden gates on the left (the third set of wooden gates from the crossroads). Please park safely without blocking access and climb the gate (sorry but we do not give out keys for viewing).
- Novice Wood is in front and to your left.
- The northeast boundary is the agricultural fence along the road.
- The southeast boundary is indicated with white paint on wooden posts and boundary trees
- The southwest boundary is indicated with green paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The northwest boundary is indicated with yellow paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
The woodland comes with full sporting rights.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is reserved through the gateway to the fenced wood to the north known as Dorter Wood.
- A shared maintenance clause covers this right of way.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.