Prime Wood, Speen, 2.48 acres of Chiltern beech woodland within easy reach of High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire for £29,000 (freehold) [#M904]
Superb Chiltern beech woodland with great character located in the heart of rural Buckinghamshire, suitable for leisure use and a supply of firewood.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 165.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SP 843 007.
- Centre of wood: SP 841 009.
Nearest postcode: HP27 0RS.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Prime Wood is a beautiful mature broadleaf woodland with a few conifers set within a large ancient forest. It is a splendid example of a managed Chiltern beech woodland, which also contains scattered birch, oak and hornbeam. Around 40 years ago, the surrounding woodland was in part replanted with small groups of conifer. Now mature, these tall trees (notably larch, spruce and fir) add a great diversity to the area which is credited by the rich variety of bird species observed. I’m certain there is a Goshawk in the vicinity!
Walking through this quiet woodland, the silence is disturbed only by the rustle of leaves underfoot and the call of birds. Prime Wood is abundant in flora and fauna with a rich display of grasses, fungi and ferns underfoot. You are likely to come across roe and muntjac deer and the tell-tale signs of the fox and badger are evident.
The woodland can easily be accessed by two wheeled drive vehicles from the council road via a hard surfaced track and benefits from useful turning and parking areas.
Prime Wood is the perfect choice for those looking to own a beautiful amenity woodland with the potential to produce good quantities of firewood for the family home or even some timber through active management.
If It Were Mine
I would a clear a discreet path to a location suitable for a den or camp and find a tree suitable for a rope swing. Tree wise, I’d identify any trees with poor health and consider felling them, followed by planting a few saplings with suitable guards.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From High Wycombe; leave town on the A4128 heading north.
- 1½ miles out of High Wycombe town you will come to a roundabout (not the mini-roundabouts inside the town), continue straight over the roundabout following sings for Hampden and Speen.
- Drive through the village of Hughenden Valley, continuing on to Hampden and Speen.
- Drive straight through the village of North Dean.
- In the centre of Speen, turn right onto Hampden Road, signed for Great Hampden.
- After ½ mile you will see a set of double steel gates on your left with our For Sale sign attached.
- Park where it is safe to do so, without blocking access, and climb the gate into the woodland (point A on the plan). I’m sorry but we do not give out keys for viewing.
- Walk following the track for about 260 metres to where the wood starts on the right (point B on plan) and continues for 65 metres on the right of the track (to point C on the plan).
- The north west boundary is indicated by red paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The north east boundary is indicated by green paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The south east boundary is the plain wire fence.
- The south west boundary is indicated by blue paint on wooden posts along the northern edge of the forest road.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way for Prime Wood from the roadside gate up to the woodland boundary (marked ABC on the plan).
- A shared maintenance clause covers this right of way.
- A public bridleway runs along the south east boundary.
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sales price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.